Friday, January 11, 2013

Sky High Trapeze

Sky High Trapeze is Perth's only flying trapeze rig, and it's being packed up in February so that the operators can focus on performing. Luckily we made it in before it got packed up!



Andrew was a complete natural and got a double backflip even though it was his first time. I knew he would be awesome at it, and I'm so glad he had a good time because the lesson was my Christmas present to him! It was my second time, but I think I was actually more terrified this time because of the crazy wind. I think that climbing the ladder is probably the scariest part (which is apparently what a lot of people say), but a close second is leaning out to grab the trapeze bar with your second hand - letting go of the rigging never got easier for me.





For anyone who hasn't tried it, I highly recommend taking a lesson. It's a lot scarier, a lot faster, and a lot more fun than it looks. When you get your timing right and get the movements at the right place in the swing it's a really cool feeling. Don't forget to point your toes!

I'm going to keep an eye on what the Sky High Trapeze group goes on to next. They had been teaching for quite a long time and were keen to get back to performing. They're planning to start training in trapeze, tumbling, and Chinese pole, so hopefully they do some performing in Perth before they leave to tour the world.

No comments: